Poste Italiane: the slates for the renewal of the Board of Directors and the candidacy for the appointment of an Alternate Auditor have been filed
Rome, 3 April 2017 - Poste Italiane S.p.A. (“Poste Italiane”) informs that today, at 7 p.m., the shareholders mentioned below filed today two slates of candidates for the office of Director of Poste Italiane, in view of the renewal of the Company’s Board of Directors (whose term is expiring) put on the agenda at the Shareholders’ Meeting convened on next April 27, 2017 in a single call:
1. Carlo Cerami (*);
2. Maria Bianca Farina;
3. Matteo Del Fante;
4. Antonella Guglielmetti (*);
5. Francesca Isgrò (*);
6. Roberto Rao (*).
With reference to the further items on the agenda of the aforesaid Poste Italiane’s Shareholders’ Meeting relating to the renewal of the Board of Directors, the shareholder Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance has furthermore disclosed its intention to:
- adhere to the proposal of the Board of Directors to set the number of Directors at nine and to set the term of the office of the Directors to be appointed to three financial years and, therefore, until the date of the Shareholders’ Meeting called to approve Poste Italiane’s financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2019 (items 3 and 4 of the agenda);
- submit the proposal to appoint the candidate Maria Bianca Farina as Chairperson of the Board of Directors (item 6 of the agenda).
1. Giovanni Azzone (*);
2. Mimi Kung (*);
3. Roberto Rossi (*).
The slates for the renewal of the Board of Directors and the relevant accompanying documentation will be made publicly available by the deadline provided by the law at the Company’s headquarters, on the Borsa Italiana S.p.A. website (www.borsaitaliana.it), as well as at the authorized storage mechanism “eMarket Storage” (www.emarketstorage.com) and on the Company’s website (www.posteitaliane.it).
Poste Italiane also informs that the candidacy of Antonio Santi for the office of Alternate Auditor of the Company has been submitted by same group of mutual funds and other institutional investors above mentioned, in view of the item 8) put on the agenda of the said Shareholders’ Meeting of April 27, 2017.
The professional profile of Antonio Santi, as well as the statement of the latter accepting his candidacy and certifying that he meets the requirements provided for the office, are available on the Company’s website (www.posteitaliane.it).
For further information:
Poste Italiane S.p.A. - Press Office
Head of Press Office
Tel. +39 06 59589008
Mob. +39 3351823403
Poste Italiane S.p.A. - Investor Relations
Head of Investor Relations
Tel. +39 06 59589421
Mob. +39 3346402438
(1) The MEF also owns, through the Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, a further 35% stake, for a total of 64.26% of the share capital.
(2) Such investors are: Aberdeen Asset Management PLC, Aletti Gestielle SGR S.p.A., APG Asset Management N.V., Arca Fondi SGR S.p.A., Ersel Asset Management SGR S.p.A., Eurizon Capital SGR S.p.A., Eurizon Capital SA., Fideuram Asset Management (Ireland), Fideuram Investimenti S.p.A., Generali Investments Europe S.p.A. SGR, Generali Investments Luxemburg SA, Interfund SICAV, Legal & General Assurance (Pensions Management) Limited, Mediolanum Gestione Fondi SGR S.p.A., Mediolanum International Funds.
(*) Candidate who declared to hold the independence requirements provided for by the law (articles 147-ter, paragraph 4, and 148, paragraph 3, of the Unified Financial Act) and article 3 of the Italian Corporate Governance Code.