Rome, 28 May 2021 16:00
- Approved the Financial Statements as of 31 December 2020 and overall dividend of 0.486 euros per share resolved (0.162 euros already paid as interim dividend in November 2020 and the balance of 0.324 euros to be paid in June 2021);
- Approved the Report on the policy regarding remuneration for the year 2021 and the Report on amounts paid in the year 2020, as well as the equity-based incentive plans;
- Approved the ratio between the variable and fixed remuneration components for BancoPosta Ring-Fenced Capital’s Material Risk Takers;
- Approved, in the Extraordinary session, the change to the BancoPosta’s Ring-Fenced Capital.
Poste Italiane (“Poste Italiane”) S.p.A.’s Ordinary and Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting, chaired by Maria Bianca Farina, was held today in Rome.
Considering the still ongoing health emergency related to the COVID-19 outbreak and taking into account law and regulatory provisions enacted for the containment of the contagion, pursuant to Article 106, paragraph 4, of Law Decree no. 18 of 17 March 2020, converted with amendments by Law no. 27 of 24 April 2020 (as last amended by Law Decree no. 183 of 31 December 2020, converted with amendments by Law no. 21 of 26 February 2021), the Shareholders’ participation took place exclusively through the Appointed Representative pursuant to article 135-undecies of Legislative Decree No. 58 of 24 February 1998 (“Consolidated Law on Finance”), to which proxies/sub-proxies were also conferred pursuant to article 135-novies of the Consolidated Law on Finance, as an exception to article 135-undecies, paragraph 4, of the Consolidated Law on Finance.
In the Ordinary session, the Shareholders’ Meeting first approved Poste Italiane’s financial statements as of 31 December 2020, while the consolidated financial statements were also presented.
Acting on the Board of Directors’ proposal, the Ordinary Shareholders’ Meeting then approved an overall dividend for the year 2020 of 0.486 euros per share and the distribution of 0.324 euros per share as the balance of the dividend, following the interim dividend of 0.162 euros per share already paid in November 2020. The balance dividend will be paid – before withholding tax, if any – from 23 June 2021, with the ex-dividend date of coupon no. 8 falling on 21 June 2021 and the record date (the date which determines the shareholders who are entitled to the dividend) falling on 22 June 2021.
Therefore, the Ordinary Shareholders’ Meeting:
- approved, through a binding resolution, the Report on the policy regarding remuneration for the year 2021 – including the guidelines on the policies of remuneration and incentive plans of BancoPosta’s Ring-Fenced Capital – that illustrates the remuneration policy for the Directors, the General Manager and the Executives with strategic responsibilities;
- voted in favour, through a non-binding resolution, of the Report on amounts paid in the year 2020;
- approved the equity-based Incentive Plans;
- approved the ratio between the variable and fixed remuneration components for BancoPosta Ring-Fenced Capital's Material Risk Takers, for a maximum of 20 individuals, up to a maximum of 2:1.
Lastly, the Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting – taking also into account the communication by the Bank of Italy, through which the same Authority has not raised any comment on the projected in hand – approved the removal of the BancoPosta's Ring-Fenced Capital constraints on the assets and activities of the business unit related to the debit cards, currently in circulation, connected the BancoPosta bank accounts.
For further information:
Poste Italiane S.p.A. Investor Relations
Tel. +39 06 5958 4716
Poste Italiane S.p.A. Media Relations
Tel. +39 06 5958 2097