As part of our sustainability policies:
- we have launched concrete programmes aimed at reducing the environmental impact of our business;
- we develop socially responsible and ethical behaviour;
- we have created the foundation Poste Insieme Onlus to carry out projects benefiting the community, and in particular people living in adverse circumstances.
Respect for the environment
We are strongly focused on protecting the environment, which we consider an essential element of our growth, within the framework of our green strategy. In conducting our business we therefore draw inspiration from the principles of conservation, reuse, recycling, innovation and safety.
- the Environmental Measurement and Monitoring System (EMMS) run by the International Post Corporation (IPC). In 2016 we entered the silver category of the EMMS programme, which is awarded to postal operators that have succeeded in achieving significant results in qualitative terms, along with an appropriate reduction of CO2 emissions. On a scale of 0 to 100, the group was awarded a score of over 80.
- the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Programme run by Posteurop.
- the OSCAR (Online Solution for Carbon Analysis and Reporting) programme run by the UPU (Universal Postal Union).
Respect for individuals
Relations between the group's employees are inspired by the values of civil solidarity and are conducted in a manner respectful of individual rights and freedoms.
Ethics and integrity in doing business
The Ethical Code lays down the guidelines for behaviour in internal processes and external relations. The Code's ethical principles are reinforced by the adoption of the Organisational Model drafted by the Company in accordance with Law 231/2001.
In 2015 we decided to create Poste Insieme Onlus, a foundation that supports policies of inclusion and social solidarity.
Poste Insieme Onlus focuses on concrete initiatives and projects with a sound structure that yield benefits to the community, and particular to all those who are experiencing adversity relating to their physical, mental, familial, economic, ethnic and social conditions.