- promote digitalisation and innovation;
- guarantee competition between the different players;
- reinforce the protection of payment service users through new security regulations and responsibilities for banking service providers.
The most innovative aspect for the payment services market and for customer habits is undoubtedly Open Banking.
The online accounts of the banking service providers must be reachable* – through public APIs – by so called Third Party Providers (TPPs), who will be able to offer customers unique access to online accounts along with consultation and money movement services.
PosteItaliane S.p.A. – BancoPosta and PostePay S.p.A. Capital – Capital destined for EMI guarantee access to their online payment accounts through registration to the CBI Globe cooperative platform.
From 14 March 2019 TPPs will be able to connect to the sandbox** to perform systems integration trials and, from 1 June 2019, to carry out end-to-end checks on real production data.
If, as a TPP, you would like a generic overview regarding the APIs and the CBI Globe solution to which PosteItaliane S.p.A.– BancoPosta and PostePay S.p.A. Capital
– Capital destined for EMIhave subscribed, please go to www.cbiglobe.com.
If you are a TPP who would like to develop APIs and already have a certificate to operate, please access the dedicated section on the site www.cbiglobe.com (the section “How to join” and the section “Subscribe”).
* by law from 14 September 2019
** test environment for TPPs