Innovation and digitisation of processes
The digital era has consecrated platform companies as disruptive and winning business models, characterised by critical success factors such as the combined use of exponential technologies, customer centricity, open and easily integrated platforms, guarantee of reliability and security, factors capable of sustaining markets during the pandemic.
In this scenario, Poste Italiane has the opportunity to become the Italian System's Distribution Platform of Choice, supporting citizens in their daily needs, fostering the growth of the productive fabric and promoting the simplification of Public Administration.
The Distribution Platform of Choice must address the emerging needs of the Country System, satisfying needs and connecting citizens, businesses and Public Administration, through a Tech Ops Liquid Engine capable of enabling business evolution, articulated in four areas.
With respect to the transformation, it should be emphasised that it is made possible only through the development of strategic partnerships that can help accelerate the digitisation of the country, assisted by a cultural change that involves all people, in a number of aspects:
- culture: it is necessary to establish a generative culture in which people are driven to have a strong customer orientation and continuous improvement;
- collaboration: adequate collaboration tools allow the creation of internal communities that evolve autonomously and generate value for the entire business ecosystem;
- improvement: continuous improvement must be part of the DNA of all employees in order to anticipate customer needs;
- agile: the adoption of agile methods, not only on the production chain, makes it possible to respond quickly to the changes that a highly digital world imposes from the outside;
- skills: strengthening of internal skills through the inclusion of specialised resources (e.g. architects, software engineers, etc.) to internalise skills and allow the in-house creation of strategic platforms for the business, through the establishment of specialised IT factories also located in the territory.
- enhance the Post Office network, integrating it with B2B2C partner networks, in synergy with the strengthening of digital channels;
- optimise digital solutions, fostering inclusion and development of the digital economy, in order to meet the diverse needs of customers of all age groups;
- expand the addressable market to smart customers with data connectivity needs;
- consolidate the Company's role as a key interlocutor for the Public Administration.