Considering the rapid and significant development in the external scenario, for Poste Italiane is fundamental to support and prepare its people in facing new challenges, valorising their satisfaction, as well as their growth and talent development, strictly connected to the ability to innovate and adapt itself to Customer requirements.
Poste Italiane also believes that promoting a suitable working environment in the context of safety and health of the employees is of primary importance and takes all the measures necessary to do so.
Lastly, continuing a constant relationship of information and consultation with Trade Union Organisations regarding issues of common interest represents an indispensable priority for the Group which undertakes to ensure the protection of the rights of its workers, safeguarding freedom of association and valorising collective negotiations on every level.
The Group employees
People are at the centre of the policies and strategies implemented by the Company. For this reasons the Group sets itself the objective of ensuring a healthy and balance working environment.
At the end of 2017 Poste Italiane counted 136,555 employees, with a relevant portion of women (about 53% of the total) which qualifies gender diversity as a characterising element and as strong point of the Company. With reference to contractual form, almost all of the non-management population (93% in terms of Full Time Equivalent - FTE) is recruited with open-ended contracts. 786 people were recruited in 2017 and the most represented age group was 30 to 50 years old (57% of the total recruitment).
The Poste Italiane CCNL [collective labour agreement] covers about 95% of the Group employees, whereas SDA and Mistral Air have independent contractual regulations.
The Company has structured an organisation envisaging the following functions dedicated to the processes human resources assigned with well-defined roles and responsibilities:
- Staff Planning and Compensation defines, with regard to corporate functions/Group Companies, the qualitative-quantitative development plans for the Group staffing structure in the context of multi-year planning and budget cycles, in concert with the Administration, Finance and Control function; it handles the preparation of reports on the trend in occupational dynamics as well as the main managerial indicators, proposing the appropriate corrective actions. The function also guarantees the definition and implementation of remuneration policies as well as commercial, operational, professional and managerial incentivisation systems, short and long term, coordinating the related final balancing processes in concert with the involved functions;
- Organisation and Development guarantees the activities of analysis and design of the organisational structure in compliance with the Group’s strategic objectives, as well as defining micro-organisational function models, associated professional structures and sizing analyses. Furthermore, the function defines, at Group level, the implementation of policies, methods and instruments for the development of human resources, including service assessment systems. In addition, it ensures the processing and management of methodologies and instruments turnover in time;
- Manager Management and Selection guarantees the activity of management, development and administration of Group managers, overseeing their professional growth. The function also ensures the elaboration and management of the methodologies and instruments of recruitment and handles staff selection process from the internal and external market for the Group, also keeping relations with the universities. Moreover, it ensures the coordination of intercompany mobility throughout the national territory and oversees the support of the Remunerations Committee;
- Industrial relations manages relations with Trade Union Organisations at national level, based on contractual definitions concerning corporate-trade union relations and ensures the phases of collective bargaining, handling the circulation of national agreements at territorial level and providing support and guidelines for the correct application and management thereof. The function also guarantees the study and monitoring of normative and doctrinal evolution in the matter of legal employment, it advises corporate functions in interpreting legal and contractual provisions concerning the working relationship; it oversees the definition of “active policies” regarding work and the administration of non-management personnel. Lastly it guarantees the design, development and implementation of welfare policies for the employees;
- Work Disputes ensures, also by means of advisory and support activities in concert with the involved functions, the supervision of pre-dispute issues at central and territorial level with regard to a work dispute related to the headquarters, as well as that concerning transversal topics and those of strategic relevance, moreover, it guarantees the preparation and circulation of guidelines for the effective management of dispute activities carried out at territorial level, verifying the application thereof;
- Corporate University ensures the development of strategic and distinctive skills for supervising business and creating a competitive advantage, by means of integrating all the instruments and channels available to valorise, innovate and circulate knowledge and skills, also by means of exchanges with players outside of the corporate context;
- HR Business Partner Corporate guarantees, in accordance with the defined policies, the activities of management and development related to personnel from the corporate functions and the Group Companies pertaining thereto, also by means of circulating guidelines useful for pursuing the objectives of the corporate functions among the Regional Human Resources structures;
- HR Business Partner (functions dedicated to supervising human resource processed for Post, Communications and Logistics, Private Market and Business Market and Public Administration, as well as the BancoPosta function) which oversees, inasmuch as competent, the activities of managing personnel, training and internal communication as well as those of operational organisation (excluding the Business Market and Public Administration channel, the operational organisation of which is carried out, in service, by the Organisational and Development function);
- Regional Human Resources (formed of 9 functions with multi-regional skills), it guarantees, in line with the established roots of the Company within the territory, supervision of human resource processes supporting the optimal fulfilment of corporate operations in the territorial area, in compliance with the administrative norms and procedures defined at central level.
Poste Italiane and its recruiting processThe activities related to finding and externally selecting staff in the Poste Italiane Group are conducted according to a specific operational procedure (“Recruitment and Selection of Personnel for open-ended and fixed term contract employment”) drawn up considering, amongst others, the principles of control provided for by the organisational model in force which the Company adopted pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/2001.
The recruiting process envisages collecting and assessing candidatures received both via the corporate internet website and from other external sources. Furthermore, for some specific types of staff search, the collection of candidatures is carried out by means of publishing dedicated announcements on the corporate internet website or local/national press or even on specialised external websites. Such announcements, in line with the indications in the cited procedure, specify, amongst other information, certain relevant minimum requirements for accessing the selection process, such as the minimum grade for a diploma and/or degree or specific suitability regarding the role of entry (by way of non-limiting example, driving a motorised means), as well as the proximity of residence to the place of work and/or willingness to secondment.
The presence of needs of personnel distributed throughout the national territory, also on a temporary basis and transparent access criteria for the selection process allow Poste Italiane to offer work opportunities to candidates in the vicinity of the district of residence, according to a principle of fair treatment, whilst ensuring sufficient competitiveness amongst candidates to obtain and adequate level of professionalism.
The selection process, instead, is aimed at verifying the possession of the requisites required by the professional profile and is structure d over various phases and articulated testes, as described below, for the specific professional profiles. On the outcome of such structured tests, exploring technical skill and motivation, suitable candidates are identified who shall be offered a contract proposal.
The phases and instruments of selection by professional profile
With the objective of valorising internal skills and developing people in the Group, favouring processes of internal mobility, job advertisements are systematically published regarding open positions through the intranet portal and company notice boards.
Internal selection and Job Posting
This channel directly involves people, encourage proactive individuals who, by putting themselves forward, put their motivation into play and grasp opportunities for diversification and professional growth.
During 2017 the Company focussed its attention on the process, publishing 32 job postings in the search for personnel both in Poste Italiane and the Group companies, receiving around 6,000 applications.
Faced with the need to ensure correct and equal treatment of countless requests for transfer, Poste Italiane signed an agreement with the Trade Union Organisations that established, on the one hand, the requisites needed to be able to present a transfer request and on the other, those according to which a single worker accrues a score and is placed in a specific classification of priority. The single classifications - separated by professional role and province of destination - are activated on the basis of corporate requirements to correctly distribute human resources around the nation.
Growing professionally in Poste Italiane
The development and valorisation of people’s skills represent fundamental strategic levers supporting the growth of the Group’s business.
Poste Italiane’s Corporate University